Recipe: Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin Seed Recipe
Pumpkin Soup Recipes
Thinking of backing a pumpkin pie? Why not borrow a few ideas from any or all of the following recipes.
Pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg serve as the basic ingredients for most pumpkin recipes.Pumpkin Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups lowfat milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Mix sugar, margarine, and salt to a consistent blend.
- Mix in pumpkin and maintain consistency in the blend.
- Add the eggs and milk, again, mixing slowly to maintain consistency in the blend.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the pumpkin batter, still maintaining its consistency.
- Pour batter into lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 o for 35 to 40 minutes (use the knife test)
- 1 1/3 cups oat bran 2 egg whites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. corn oil
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400o.
- Combine oat bran, rolled oats and milk in bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Blend pumpkin, egg whites, oil and raisins in a third bowl, and then add to the oat-milk mixture. Add in the flour sugar mixture and stir in contents just until moist.
- Spray 12 muffin pan cups with vegetable oil spray and divide the batter equally among them.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Pumpkin PiePie crust ingredients:
- 1 C quick cooking oats
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1/4 C ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1 C canned pumpkin
- 2/3 C evaporated skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425o
- Mix oats, flour, almonds, sugar, and salt together in small mixing bowl.
- Blend oil and water together in measuring cup with fork or small wire whisk until emulsified.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. If needed, add small amount of water to hold mixture together.
- Press into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Turn down oven to 350o F.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to blend ingredients.
- Add pumpkin and milk and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pie shells.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350o. (use the knife test)
© 2007. Patricia A. Michaels